🌱Turn off your lights for bird migration + Spectrum Art Gallery News
Hello friends! It’s Sunday in Essex-Chester-Deep River and I’m back in your inbox to update you on all the biggest things happening in the community today. Without delay…
First, today’s weather forecast:
A shower in the afternoon. High: 78 Low: 64.
Here are the top three stories from today in the Essex-Chester-Deep River:
- Art lovers, book your dates! Change of seasons Fall Show at Spectrum Gallery will have an opening reception on Friday, September 23 from 6:30-9 p.m. with an open house on Saturday, September 24 from 1-5 p.m. and Sunday, September 25 from 1-5 p.m. 61 Main St. Centerbrook. Hope to see you there!(Spectrum Art Gallery)
- Getting ready to flick through the Nutmeg State? The 2022 fall foliage prediction mapcame out recently. According to an article by Patch staffer Rich Kirby, “The backbone of the map is weather – temperature, humidity, sunlight and precipitation – but it incorporates historical and forecast data, including precipitation forecasts. from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, elevation, actual temperatures, temperature forecasts and average daylight exposure to develop each county’s fall baseline date Fall won’t officially begin until September 22 with the fall equinox and leaves won’t dramatically change color in Connecticut – or most places – until later in the season.” (Fix)
- This is peak migration time for many birds leaving Connecticut for warmer climes. From now until October 6, Connecticut Nature Watchers are asking people to make a concerted effort to turn off their lights at night so as not to interfere with bird migration. Two-thirds of all songbirds migrate at night. Light pollution can confuse them. (Connecticut Nature Watchers via Facebook)
From my notebook:
- Chester CT Historical Society: “Now on display in our restaurant display at the Chester Museum. A Cozy Castle menu given to us by Annie Burton. Amazing to remember such low prices!! Come and see this weekend.” (Chester CT Historical Society via Facebook)
- Visit Chester CT: “Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the party is over here at 16 Main Street. First up, we have our OKTOBERFEST coming up on Saturday, September 17, so mark your calendars! ” (Visit Chester CT via Facebook)
- Deep River Public Library: “That’s a strong bond!” (Deep River Public Library via Facebook)
- Visit Chester CT: “We are delighted to welcome ASGH (Astronomical Society of Greater Hartford) to Chester Public Library. Using our new Orion StarBlast II 4.5 Equatorial Reflector Telescope.” (Visit Chester CT via Facebook)
- Visit Chester CT: “#visitchesterct #shoplocal @chesterbottleshoppe As Labor Day rolls around, we’re shifting gears here at the Shoppe. Some of our customers’ favorite fall seasonal beers and spirits are now available! 👻🎃🍻 #autumn #alcohol #booze #chesterct #wednesday #l…” (Visit Chester CT via Facebook)
- Visit Chester CT: “#visitcheterct #chesterhasitall @loveyourmentalhealthchester September is going to be a BIG month at Love Your Mental Health art and wellness studio. It’s been a rough summer here with excessive heat.” (Visit Chester CT via Facebook)
- Visit Chester CT: “#visitchesterct #allhandmadeallthetime @debquinnmunson Always fascinated by geometry in nature, adding and removing lines. Scroll down for the full 24 by 36 oil painting, Into the Distance. #oilpainting #paintingwater #reflective #geometriclines.. .” (Visit Chester CT via Facebook)
- Visit Chester CT: “There are two weeks left in the summer and our current exhibition ‘On Water’, which is on view until September 25. » (Visit Chester CT via Facebook)
- Essex Library: “Check out the Women’s Business Development Council’s latest list of free courses from September to December. All WBDC courses are conducted virtually via Zoom.” (Essex Library via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now aware and ready to go out this Sunday! I will see you soon.
— Karena Garry
About me: I am originally from Connecticut and currently reside in the Tri-Town community of Chester, Deep River and Essex. I have been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Essex-Chester-Deep River Daily? Contact me at email@example.com